Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been a while

I got scolded the other day because I haven't updated in a while. I've been meaning to... really I have.

Life in Salt Lake is as good as I remember, except now I'm paying for more things for our house.
We'll start with the vinyl fencing. We have a neighbor on each side of us who needed fencing in their yards so we struck a deal. We pay half of the price for each fence that we share with them. Costing a grand total of $2,000 to fence in our large backyard. Not too shabby.




Do you remember those toys called K'NEX? Well I ran across mine while I was unpacking some boxes the other day and decided to get in touch with my younger days again as you can see


In addition to my revisited childhood me and Mike went to our first yoga class. have you ever done one of those classes? They are EXHAUSTING but very calming... and we're going back again next week. We need all the stress relief we can get.
Does anyone know any good recipes for entrees & desserts? I am thinking of going to culinary school and want to test out a few more recipes before I take the plunge. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. And I'm just now finding out that you're contemplating culinary school? What happened to your degree in music? I love that you got your K'nex out! I SOOO remember those days of you having them all across your room. :) I miss you too lil' buddy and maybe you should stay the night at my house on Wednesday since Mom will be gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it came to my thought process the other day as I was making muffins. I really love making pastries. I still want to be a musician, I just don't know if I have the talent. I mean... I know I'm good, I just don't know if I'm that good. I need to start thinking about my future. Which is going to make my life easier cause Lord knows I'm not going to be scrubbing toilets at Alpine and greeting people at Romano's Macaroni Grill for the rest of my life. I'm better than that. (TANGENT END). As for the K'NEX I had them spread out ALL over the room and Mike just shook his head and said "My hell" haha. I really think we should do that on Wed. I still need to go up north to get my birth certificate from mom and dad's though. can we have a sibling night and go out for dinner? I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those K'Nex! I miss those days, lil buddy! And culinary school huh? Where did that come from? I think it's an awesome aspiration. You've totally got my support. Maybe I can hire you to become my personal chef...or baker. Yeah, baker sounds better. I like baked goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like anything loaded with unhealthy ingredients like cake and pie... my two downfalls. no i take that back... brownies and cookies. you'd be thrilled to know that i just bought cookbooks. one for baking, one for italian, one for marinades and rubs, one for just chicken recipes, and to top it all off, "500 cakes"

    I've got to stock my pantry so I can try a bunch of these out. good thing that i have a gym membership again haha

    ReplyDelete