Thursday, February 5, 2009

So I finally decided to get one of these blasted things. I saw my sisters' pages and decided I'd give it a shot. So I'm not exactly sure what to write in here but I'm bound and determined to write about my life at least once a week.

So starting off. I'm 19. 08/10/1989. I have three sisters: Kellie (married with three kids), Lindsay (married with one), Michelle, and then there's me... In order of oldest to youngest. So being the youngest has goods and bads. Good is that I'm spoiled, bad is that everyone likes to have an input on my decisions (probably comes from having 2 strong willed sisters-who I secretly love.)

So I'm totally head over heels in love... with music. It is my reason for living, I'll probably die because of it too. I want to get a degree in music teaching and performance (piano and vocal). I'm in the process of starting a male quintet (kinda like the King's Singers. [youtube them!]) So in addition to working on an extensive performance repertoire, I'm also starting to teach piano students. YAY! If you know of anyone needing lessons I charge $10-15 depending on the level and time requirements.

In addition to music I am fond of a very special guy named Mike West. He lights up my day. Mike works for Flying J driving a double tanker from North Salt Lake to Duchesne and back every day...kinda boring but it pays the bills. :)

So I think I did pretty well for my first time on an actual blog. Go team! :) Till next week... or possibly sooner

5 comments:

  1. Brother! Yay, welcome to the ranks! (BTW, I secretly love you, too) Oh what the heck, I'll openly admit I kinda love my little, but bigger than me, bro! I think I'll keep ya. Your first blog post is pretty darn good...Not too shabby. :) You never told me about wanting to start a male quintet! That's awesome! Good luck. Love ya, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great....I enjoyed your blog!!!! I am blog challenged, I never feel like I have anything interesting to say....lol...anyway thanks for following our blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya. i'm thrilled that my first post is well received so far. as for the male quintet i have about 7-10 songs that i want to do. i'm gonna be taking the soprano line (i need a voice coach to teach me how to get back up there now that i can barely get halfway through the soprano register) but i'm gonna do that AFTER i'm not broke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, secretly love you! (And openly as well.) And I only give input in your life because sometimes you need my guidance, after all...I am older and wiser! :) And in case I haven't told you lately...I think you're a pretty neat brother and person in general!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I must admit I am shocked! I wasn't expecting what I read and/or saw. But, you know what Chris? I love you! You touched my life when you were a little boy. You have a sweet, special spirit, and although I haven't kept (obviously);) close tabs on you, I think of you and the rest of your family often! I love your family! All of them!
    I have tried to get a blog set up, but I get frustrated! I can't figure it out! But, I DO do Facebook and "somewhat" MySpace...(which needs updated) I guess I need to have someone help me with Blogspot.

    I retired from teaching preschool last spring, after 20 years. It has been a bit strange. I had mixed emotions and really miss the connection with the kids. But, they just called me as Primary President , so hopefully that might fill the void! I have 13 grandbabies, and they keep me busy, too!
    I also have a grandson Gunner,11, who is struggling with ADHD and ODD. It seems to be getting worse with age. I am so frustrated with the system! No information for guidance and counsel. It seems no one wants to deal with "bratty" kids! So, I have a meeting this afternoon to enroll in college! I am going to work towards a degree in counseling! People who don't work with kids are missing out! So much for retirement, eh? Good thing I love kids!

    Oh,I am SO glad I found you, babe! It sounds like you are happy.
    Please keep in touch...okay?
    Love ya, sweetie! (Always and Forever!)

    Miss Cindy

    ReplyDelete